Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
Prescription drugs are the usual ways adults deal with anxiety disorders. However, oftentimes, anti-anxiety medicines only deal with the symptoms and not the root causes. Anxiety sufferers who have been prescribed drugs often find a dislike for them. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
It is helpful for everybody, whether or not you suffer from anxiety and stress, to know that there are alternatives to drugs. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. The sedative components in the tea brings you to a relaxed frame of mind.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. They are anxiety busters. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) A natural way to keep you calm is by eating dark chocolate. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Turmeric aids in digestion, healing, reducing inflammation of joints, and maintaining a balanced blood sugar level.
7) Increasing your intake of foods rich in folic acid can keep you away from anxiety. It is a chemical that helps maintain your brain’s healthy function, and asparagus is a good source of it. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) Organ meats such as liver are also rich in vitamin B. Vitamin B is also necessary for methylation, a process responsible for serotonin production.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.
More information: go to website